Delton Osborn’s sermon outline:
1. Sacrifices: without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin.
2. Why? Abraham had a son even though he was old.
3. And then God told him to offer up his only son as a sacrifice.
4. Genesis 22 —removing flesh from the equation.
5. God painted a picture for thousands of years to come.
6. Abraham obeyed and took his son to be sacrificed.
7. This decision was tough but Abraham showed that he had faith.
8. So was decision by Jesus to say not my will but your will be done.
9. Read Hebrews 9 for there will be a quiz next Sunday.
10. Study sacrificial system that was in place before Jesus came.
11. Jesus laid down his life so that our sins would be forgiven.
12. We are going to be judged on what we did with Jesus.
13. Jealous God wants all of you.
14. Come just as you are and God will purge you with this cleansing blood.
15. God operates in Love.
16. To fulfill scripture: On the cross not a bone in Jesus’s body was broken.